Sunday 17 June 2012

the open door


lead me lord to the open door

as i awake again to your gift of day
go before me lord and guide my way                                                    
stand beside me as i face the wall
of a broken heart and unanswered call
show me things i haven't seen before
and lead me, lord, to the open door



lord, please let me see the burdened be
let me think of them, instead of me
through the wilderness where they may have fled                        
shine the way to where you'd have me tread
give me the words i've never spoke before
and lead me, lord, to the open door




let me walk along the troubled road
and see the one with the heavy load
and be among the scarred and torn
and the overdressed and priveleged born
and let my judgements fall upon the floor
and lead me, lord, to the open door



lord, show me through the sunshine beams
to where the storms and torrents be
where the rays of hope have no place to rest
where the innocent have been undressed
where the smallest faith resides no more
and lead me, lord, to the open door



and lord, as once again, the day does close
lay upon my heart, all of those
whose prayerful need, i am not aware
but whose burdens are too hard to bear
and lead me Lord to call on you
for all the things i could not do
for in my strength, i could do no more
until you lead me, lord, to the open door



for us.








No comments:

Post a Comment